Monday, March 3, 2008

The monday evening post

So the day has ended and tomorrow will be Tuesday. So I woke up today and didn't do any workout or anything. My original plan was to get in an easy ride on the trainer this evening. Ever since yesterday I kind of have been feeling crummy. My throat was sore yesterday and I just felt like shit. It didn't help that I had to sit on a plan for over 5 hours either.

I left work at lunch and went and ate then went to the dentist. If you don't know I was born missing a tooth, so to make a long story short I am now just getting around to getting an implant, because my parents dental plan only covers you in the state of Ohio and I of course went to school in Tennessee, so I couldn't use it. Well what they did to put it simply was cut away my gum to expose the jawbone. Once this was completed they got a drill out and proceeded to drill a hole into my jawbone. See the tricky part is that directly above my jawbone is sinus cavities and these are like empty pockets and you can't go into them. So they had a 8mm implant that they had to put into the bone and knew that I had about 6-8mm of space in the bone to get the implant. Once they started drilling they were able to stop periodically and take x-rays and determine how much room they had before they hit the sinus cavity. After this they realized they would have to do a bone graph and add a little more bone to allow for the implant to protrude into the sinus cavity. In order to do this they had to make the hole a little bigger. This was simply done with a hammer and a blunt screwdriver type object. Then they stuck the metal into the hole and screwed tight and stitched up the gums. In 6 weeks I will go back and get fitted for a fake tooth. All in all it wasn't painful at all.

But what does suck is I still don't feel that good overall. So while my time in New York was a blast, I one drank too much. I drank more on this trip than I have since college. I mean we drank all day everyday I was there. This took a toll on me. The past few weeks since my marathon have been really shitty training.

On to the training note, I was able to go running on Friday in NYC and it was absolutely magical. I set out and ran around central park for about 30 minutes. The beautiful thing about running in central park is the fact that it is still there to run in. You see it on TV, read about it, and it’s in every movie almost, but to be able to experience it while doing something I love (running) is fantastic. After that I went on to run thru some of the city. I was feeling good and so I figured why not. I ran past Trump Tower (both of them). The Hearst Tower http://www.metropolismag.com/webimages/2206/Hearst01_t346.jpg I also ran thru Times Square, then past the NYC Public Library, I took a short stop to walk into Grand Central Station. Grand Central Station is an unbelievable building. When you just stop and think for a second how many people have past thru that building, and how many happy homecomings, sad departing, and unfortunate arrivals have occurred in that building it can be overwhelming. What I truly felt though was that the structure and just the grand size of building were able to soak up all of the emotion that has passed thru its walls. It was great. Then I ran past the Chrysler building and the empire state building. This is when I turned around and began the long run home. I stopped in a bike shop and tried on a pair of triathlon bike shoes. I ended up going back and buying them. I purchased the specialized Tri-vent Tri shoes. Well I have tried for the past 5 minutes to paste the fucking link in the piece of shit apple computer won't let me. I'll be dammed how it pastes it at the bottom of the safari page or how in the fuck I got the other link to work but fuck this shit. Way for a computer to put you in a shitty mood. Finally got it I apparently can't do it the way you do on a PC and have to go to edit HTML option in Blogspot.

Anyways my training has gone to shit from last week and I was hoping to have a strong week and I feel like shit. The Dentist gave me some antibiotics and I will take them to prevent any infection and maybe they will help me feel better too. I need to get in some good long rides before this Half Ironman at the end of the month. I also need to not drink so damn much either. I am going to try to not drink very much this weekend and not spend much money because I spent way too much in NYC. Off to eat dinner now and rest for the evening and get back at it tomorrow morning with a long 90 min ride on the trainer slow and easy and with a new movie in the machine. I will also get to wear my new bike shoes too. This weekend will and must include transition practices...

In closing FUCK MAC's!!!! And there user-friendly ways, they sometimes make things so easy to do it can be difficult.... These computers are weird.

No comments: