Friday, March 21, 2008

It was a good friday wasn't it????

Oh how it has been a good friday. I slept in an was rested but a little groggy, I didn't go to bed until 3:30 and woke up at 8:30. The week went well as I wrote about on monday. I still am dissapointed because I have not yet received my DVD what it takes yet.. I got 2-3 priority mail and here it is friday 5 days after I ordered it and it still hasn't shown up. Damn mail system. I hate the USPS system, and much prefer UPS or Fedex. 

Today we planned to go for a 50mi ride on the bikes. Tommy, Mike, and myself found a route on the internet and we packed up the car and rode down south to Waxahachie, its about 35 or 40 miles south of dallas and started our ride. It could not have been a better day for it too. The sun was shining about 75 degrees and hardly a cloud in the sky. At numerous points during the ride I realized that I much more enjoy riding the country like that with limited cars and minimal stops. It was great. I have this feeling that we will be doing this much more often in the future. 

The only complaints were the road was quite rough at times and the wind was harsh. However this isn't really a complaint because it only prepares me for race day because you will never know what you are gonna get come race morning, but its key to be in control of the things that "YOU" are in control of.  One of those is being training in conditions like today so if thats what your given you can pull back to those memories of easter weekend and riding 50 mi in rough winds and bumpy roads. This is when I will tell myself, you did it then so lets do it this time... Its funny how your mind and heart take you across the finish line and not your legs or your arms.

In closing I am only 9 days away from my first Half Ironman and couldn't be more thrilled. I did this with Team In Training and didn't really ever even train with them, but I raised the money more than expected too. I was sent an email from a coach and I will post a little something that they wrote. I enjoyed reading it so maybe you will too.


The time is drawing near for you to put aside your fear. We all were once in the same boat thinking "Will I sink or will I float?, Will my legs really spin pedaling into the wind? Will I take a big spill going up that big hill? Will I run to the finish? Will my strength be diminished? Will I suffer defeat or become a better triathlete?

But all of us, we made it, through the water, and on the pavement, ....... So when you see that big banner, when you see that big clock,  fall back on your training and relish in it because it will be something that you never forget....


No comments: