Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Birthday Presents are even better when you buy them for yourself

So my birthday is right around the corner and I needed to buy some new things too. For quite sometime I have been wanting to get a new watch. For the past 6 or 7 years I have been wearing 20 or 30 dollar watches, and they have held up decently but, they aren't that nice. The way I feel about a watch is that it should be nice. I see a watch as not just a time piece but as part of your wardrobe just as shoes or a shirt. A nice watch says a great deal about the person wearing it. However that is not to say that you need to spend a ton of money on one either. The watch I had was about 2 years old and I paid 28 dollars for it. I could say I got my moneys worth. If you have never held an expensive watch or wear one, just go into a store and pick one up and you will realize the difference between my 28 dollar timex and a more expensive watch. So I went shopping last night and bought myself some birthday presents with my tax return.

I shopped around at 3 different well know jewelers in dallas and got a great deal on a TAG Heuer Automatic Aquaracer. It is really nice watch and I plan to keep it for many years to come. It has the black face and I am really pleased with it.

I also needed new sunglasses since the pair I have had for the past 3 years finally bit the dust. I think I may have had to much fun on St. Patricks day because ever since they were bent and when I bent them back the metal hinge almost broke. So I got another 2 weeks out of them almost.. So it just so happened that about 2 weeks ago I got a gift certificate in the mail from the sunglass hut for 20 dollars off as a present for my birthday. So I decided to go use it. I went in an looked around and wanted a different pair of glasses. I had a pair of tortise shell ray-bans for the past 3 years and wanted to change it up. So one pair stuck out and I think they look great. I ended up buying a pair of Prada sunglasses. They weren't cheap but hell either is a pair of 200 dollar ray-bans or something else. What I like about them is that they are very different and unique from most other guys glasses that I know. I like them quite a bit.  So that was my birthday presents. I also ended up paying 500 plus dollars for my ticket to madison for the half marathon with laura in may. It sucks what 2 weeks difference will make on airline fares. O-well.

Workout wise today I had 5mi run at a super slow pace this morning. I almost ran at a 9min/mile pace. I haven't ran that slow in years it was quite peaceful too. After that I came in and did about 25min of yoga. I always DVR this show called Namaste Yoga on FIT-TV channel and do those. Its nice because I always have about 5 episodes on my DVR and I can do them whenever I want and they are always different routines.

Today I had to go out to a jobsite for work and what I thought would be about 2hrs time spent there ended up in 6hrs. I didn't get home until 6:45 and was going to just eat dinner and relax, but as I walked up the past the shitty ass work out facility in our apartment I saw 2 people working out and said to myself is why would anyone ever torture themseleves by spending time inside when they could go outside and run. Then I get to my apartment and look out the window and see tons of people running, and biking by on the Katy Trail in a slowly setting sun with a warm breeze blowing the leaves on the tree, that makes one reminesce of my mispent youth running around Glendale, Ohio. When I saw that seen and thought of 2 people stuck in the basement of an apartment complex in a former laundry room on an elliptical machine, and I said I have to get out there on my bike and ride. So I went out and rode around for 47mins. 

One thing I practiced a bunch was my Transition 1's and 2's for my sprint races. I practiced leaving my shoes on my bike and jumping on it and strapping in and begininng to pedal. I also practiced leaving my shoes on the bike and taking my feet out and pedaling with my feet on top of my shoes and hopping off barefoot. I really messed up one time and fell on the top tube of my bike. It was not a plesant feeling for the little boys. But you gotta learn somehow right? What I was trying to learn and eventually got the hang of was these links :  and


So check them out and that is what I practiced today. It was a good day for me long but good. Tomorrow I have to pack all my stuff for the race and go to this stupid training for work from 4-6pm. I don't think I will swim tomorrow am but try to get in a good bike ride in tomorrow night. At worst case I will swim tomorrow pm.

No comments: