Friday, June 27, 2008

Lubbock Day 1

So I left Dallas this morning at 5:30am headed west for Lubbock, TX. For those of you who don't know where Lubbock, Texas is in relation to Dallas, its 350 miles North West of Dallas. I arrived in Lubbock around 11am. We have a jobsite here in lubbock and I planned on working from there till now. I met with project team and took them to lunch and reviewed my role on this job with the engineer and electrical subcontractor foreman. It was good and everything has been going well with regards to my role. This is a positive thing.

I am now checked into my hotel. What is really neat about this race is that it is in the middle of nowhere and everyone racing is not from here. So, the expo and a bunch of events are that are at the hotel that I am staying in. They are also giving all of the triathletes a discounted rate. And the icing on the cake is that they are allowing late checkout till 2pm on sunday and then till 6pm for only a half day rate. This is great and I will take advantage of this most likely so I can spend my monday vacation day in Dallas as opposed to on the road. There is also a free awards ceremony dinner on sunday night. I might stay and go to this so I can see some of the elite athletes who win these races get their awards. Should be pretty neat.

Right now I am feeling very confident about the race. I think much of this stems from the fact that I have completed a Half Ironman already. So I believe, if you've done it once you can do it again. The hills should prove really interesting on the bike. I am curious to see what they look like in person. Check out the elevation profile for the bike at this link Hills So the hills might be hard and may affect the bike or they may be easy. We shall see. 

Well I am just gonna take it easy for the rest of the evening

No comments: