Friday, June 20, 2008

Comfortably Numb

As I sit here on a Friday night at 10pm in my apartment by myself I am sitting here thinking two things. One what are you doing staying in and going to bed at 10pm on a Friday night. Second is of the thoughts that will soon be wandering through my mind as I ride 40 miles tomorrow morning while the sun rises over farmland in south Dallas. I purposely am staying in so I can go ride tomorrow morning. I also have come to the conclusion I almost prefer to ride by myself sometimes too. Tomorrow will be a day in which I will wake up rested and relaxed and feel great about the day to come before, during and after my workout. See tomorrow I will be on the bike for a little over 2 hours all alone, probably not a car to be found on the road. This 2 hours will be a great time for reflection and mental preparation for the upcoming race in a week. Staying in for tonight is all worth it for just tomorrow morning.

The week sped by and before I knew it I am sitting here on Friday. I have a very good outlook for this weekend. I am hoping it will be a very relaxed weekend, which is what I need. For the next 2 weeks will be very busy at work and in my training and racing. I will comment on one thing and very few people who read this will understand but to be blunt, I had a lot of fun last night, and we'll just leave it at that.

Following the ride I will be going for a 30 -40 min run I will be testing out my Tri Top. I bought a zoot top to help block the sun off my chest and back and maybe keep me cool??? We shall see what its like to ride and run it in. I tried swimming in it on tuesday morning and it wasn't bad at all. It will be great under the wetsuit. Lets hope the Tri Top doesn't chafe or rub me wrong. I am testing it out so I don't go into the Half Ironman blind with out knowing what its like to ride and run with a shirt on. Sounds funny but true.... I have never worn in a shirt or tri top in any triathlon I have ever done.

So I leave you here tonight comfortably numb and peacefully sleepy.....

No comments: