Monday, June 2, 2008

How do I know I am ready ?

I stumbled upon someone's website tonight and thought I would make a quick post about it and provide a link to it. A few things stood out to me...

1. I went running with a friend the other day and we had casual conversation and I said something and she said that it was very deep. Well she may have just been bull shitting me or be serious, either way I took her literally. I have been told this many times by different people about alot of the different comments, quotes and sayings and more or less the way I think about life in general. I was reading this guys website about Ironman racing he said something that made real sense. What he was dscussing was what he thinks about when he runs, swims, and bikes. Then I started to think about this, and I realized that many of the things I say or comment on to friends, that in some ways could be "deep" or "meaningful" I have thought about while I was running alone or on the bike alone. Then I realized again, how this sport has made me a different person all around.

2. I read this article on his website called "How do I know I am Ready" and it made me realize that I am going to be ready, and that this season of racing isn't about goals or times or anything. Its about getting myself ready for next year and my quest to become an Ironman.

So that is that about the website, but its pretty cool and his articles are good, but I don't think he updates anymore.

Another quote that I saw the other day in a magazine was from an Addidas ad. It read as follows:

There will be days that I don't know if I can do a marathon, but there will be a lifetime knowing that I have.

Its so true for anything. If you have done it once you can do it again, maybe not as fast or as easy, but you certainly can do it again.

No comments: