Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What am I up to???

So my last post resulted in a few email replies. Which by the way I enjoy greatly. Some of the replies where about what I am doing these days. I feel that this blog is a great way to communicate to a vast audience of friends and family. So I thought I would post this week about what I am doing right now in my life.

Right now I am currently employed by Turner Construction company. I work in a purchasing role as well as field coordination role. Its a really dynamic job and I am always trying to stay one step ahead of problems so I can do less reacting to issues as they come my way. Needless to say, I enjoy it and especially like the hours and limited travel. This allows me to focus on things I really enjoy like triathlons, cooking, yoga, running, reading, and travel.

I am currently reading "Into the Wild" by Jon Krakauer. I think I am really going to enjoy this book, and already makes me want to go on a long trip across America, solo, on my bicycle. Maybe just ride a few thousand miles from east to west coast??? I just finished reading "My Life on the Run" by Bart Yasso. I really liked this book.

Other than that I hang out with friends, cook, and sit by the pool. Just this past Sunday I made homemade pizza. Completely from scratch. I made the dough, with yeast and everything, then let rise and pounded it out and cooked it. A laborious task but fun. It was really good too. The dough was really tasty, way better than most restaurants. What did I learn from it, use less dough, because it was too thick of crust.

Now on to what really takes up my time, training for my Ironman. I will post a week of my schedule for next week 3/23/09 thru 3/29

Monday
90 minutes of Hot Yoga

Tuesday
75 minutes of running with a HR of 151 - 159
90 minutes of strength training

Wednesday
120 minutes of cycling with a HR of 127 - 157
60 minutes of hot yoga

Thursday
90 minutes of running with a HR of 151 - 159

Friday
90 minutes of strength training

Saturday
120 minutes of cycling with a HR of 127 - 157 immediately followed by a BRICK RUN of 70 minutes at a HR of 159+

Sunday
REST

This will be a really solid week. And mixed in to that week I am taking a day trip to New Orleans to go tour a factory. I have never been to New Orleans before and am very much looking forward to running around the city for 90 minutes on Thursday evening. This is a great way to see the city too. I can in 90 minutes see probably almost every site I would need to. I'll run well over 10 miles in that amount of time.

This is pretty much what most of my weeks are like. Train hard, take it easy on Sunday, and work hard.

So it is a simple life but enjoyable. I really have minimal concerns for anything. The only way I get upset is if its raining or cold out. This puts a wrench in my cycling plans. Like I said before I love the email replies and comments. So keep em coming.

Cheers!!!!

No comments: