Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ironman St. George, Utah

Well I pulled the trigger. Last week on Wednesday I received an email from Active.com like I always get and it was announcing to me to that the WTC had just added another North American Ironman race. The race will be held in St. George, Utah on May 1, 2010. Seeing this email and reading it blew me away. I then continued to scroll down and realized that they currently had open registration for this race. I started to get excited. I thought to myself that I could register for an Ironman race, the inaugural race at that, without out having to travel to the race site on race weekend. I thought to myself that this was a once in a life time shot. So I pulled the trigger. 

It is official I have signed up for my second Ironman distance race before I have even completed my first. It should prove to be a picturesque race too. I will post some pictures from the website. The icing on the cake is 2 friends of mine also signed up for the race as well. What makes this even better is that all 3 of us are looking to rent a house in St. George too.  Check out the link for the house we may rent. Houses.

After some thought and deliberation, I have decided that in 2010 I plan to go on a long bike ride. I have been speaking with a friend of the family from Cincinnati, my hometown, about how to prepare for such a trip. My initial thoughts are Tacoma, Washington to Dallas, Texas. I would carry everything I would need on my bike and make the trek in 2 - 3 weeks. I figure I would have to cover around 100 - 200 miles per day on the bike in order to complete the ride. I would camp as often as possible, and take as many pictures as possible. I feel like this would be a once in a lifetime opportunity and something I need to do while still young, without a family and many more commitments.

In other news I celebrated my birthday on Sunday and turned 25 years young. Its crazy but time really flies when you get out of college. Just thought I would update everyone with these new happenings. I will be traveling to Galveston this weekend to race in my 4 Half Ironman Distance race. I really won't be racing but using this race as an experience builder and heavy training day. Lets hope for safe travels and good weather. I have a few friends going down too as well as my coach. I am pumped about a good weekend. I am taking work off Monday to recover and travel back to Dallas. Then the office is closed on Friday for good Friday so that is going to be a short week for me. I hope to get in an easy recovery ride and or swim next weekend too. 

I will leave you with a quote from a birthday card my little sister sent. It is really inspiring and is true to the way I live my life. I have to say it is one of the first cards that I have ever gotten that is meaningful to me. For that Thanks Brooke!!!


Dreams are power, they are imagination shaping our lives from the inside, they are possibilities becoming reality before our eyes; believe in the power of your dreams, and go achieve your dreams!







No comments: