Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Its time to go fast

Well its done. I bought my new bike. I got a 2009 Cervelo P2C, with ultegra groupo on it. Pretty pleased. I rode both that bike and the specialized transition comp and as soon as I got off the transition and onto the P2C I knew the P2 was for me. I also bought all the goodies too:

  • Aero Tail Drink holders
  • Bottle Cages
  • New Aero Helmet
  • New Pedals
  • An Extra Cassette for my Race Wheels
  • Soon to be buying the 2009 Flash Point FP60's
  • New wireless computer for my bike
  • New bike pump because my old one broke
  • New lenses for my riding glasses because I horribly scratched but protected myself on my existing pair.
In other news I began my first week of IRONMAN (IM) training with my coach. I am currently training for the Austin Marathon on 2/15/09.  This will be my second marathon. My IM coach has incorporated this into the beginning weeks of my training. My coaches name is Todd Codish. See his bio. He is a good friend and awesome coach to work with. I have known him for a year and had the opportunity to work with him during my first Half Ironman with Team In Training. I believe the science behind his coaching methods and believe in him 100% . I know he will take me to the finish line in Madison. Without him and his help, I would be learning more from all of my mistakes along the way instead of letting him teach me from his vast wisdom and experience.  He will give me weekly workouts and I give him weekly feed back after I complete the workouts and ask questions anytime I need to and he helps out a great deal.  So from time to time over the next 9 months or so I guess I'll upload my training schedule so people can check it out. I need to figure out the best way to post an excel spreadsheet too??? Any suggestions please reply or comment. I am really excited about the next 9 months, but for right now I really only have 2 more long runs left before the marathon. I have an 18 miler this weekend then a 21 miler next and after that my taper begins. I am starting to get excited for my marathon. I can't wait to experience it again. After training for this race a second time it has really started to grow on me and I have enjoyed it more this year than last. I think going forward I will do at least one marathon a year if not multiple. Anyways here we go on the beginning of a new year and a new year of goals to met.
Now for some pictures of the bike:









No comments: