Monday, January 19, 2009

Another notch in the belt

Our country and the world are undergoing immense change and there is much uncertainty about the future ahead. While it may seem naive and stupid to say, to me nothing has changed. I am still employed. I have a great family and friends. I work with good people who want to make a difference. Despite the aura of uncertainty in the US economic market and world market my life has been static. There are times, now, and in the past where things don't always go as you would like but due to the family, friends, and my job all is okay. To many right now one of the legs of that tripod of life is missing. I am fortunate that my tripod is still standing. Without all of those people involved in my life I would not have been able to achieve all that I have today. My colleague's at work are understanding of my training, my family and friends are always supportive. What I am getting at is that I am creating my Triathlon Team. All of these people are on my team, and I am always open to accepting anyone else who wants to be on my team.

I read another blog post (Click Here) of a person who I read weekly Gordon Byrn and it made me realize that despite triathlon being an individual sport, where only your legs, arms, and heart can get you to the finish line, if it wasn't for the support from all those around you, your goals would could possibly not be attained. I appreciate the support I get from all of my family, co-workers and friends. I am happy to have this blog as an outlet to tell everyone this. Thanks.

So lets get 2009 started. My first week of training went well. I am pleased with the format and looking forward to many more weekends. I also just signed up for another Half Ironman race. It is April 5th in Galveston, Texas. Its call the Lonestar Half Ironman. I did this race last year too. It was my first Half Ironman race.This race is important to me because I am a big believer in local economies and buying local when possible, etc. etc. Recently as you know Galveston was hit by a devastating hurricane. Hurricane Ike was a brutal storm to Texas. The local economy and business were decimated. A triathlon was scheduled before the hurricane and is still on despite the damage. Its important because of the economic impact it will have in Galveston. There will be close to some 2000 plus people traveling to the area, dining, and using lodging. Myself included. This will be a much needed revenue boost for the economy and a positive thing for Galveston. I am glad to be a part of it.

So I will continue to train for Wisconsin and simply use this race as fun training day!!!

No comments: