Thursday, May 8, 2008

Too busy at work to post but not too busy to work out

So I haven't posted in a while, but its mainly been because I have been working alot then I come right home and either work out or just go right to bed. Last weekend I went on a trip to Austin, TX. I was able to take my new car that I got since my old one got totaled. I purchased the same thing a G35 4 door car but its a different color, graphite silver. My trip to Austin was for a 90 mile ride from Austin, TX to Shiner, TX. The reason we rode to Shiner was to visit the Shiner Bock Brewery The ride proceeds went towards the Lance Armstrong Foundation. It was a fun time. My 2 friends Mike and Tommy also did the ride with me. We stayed in one of the nastiest hotels ever. But we probably spent less than 16 hours there the entire weekend so it wasn't bad for the price. We ended up only riding 85 and we made it to the Brewery and proceed to eat fajita's and drink ice cold shiner bock beer. I have posted some pictures below. My friend Tommy had 3 flats during the ride. They only gave you 4 free beers and you couldn't buy more, but us being the people we are, managed to have a few more. A great time was had by all. After the ride we had motor coaches take us back to Austin. Once in Austin we met up with a friend of mine Ann. I met Ann through my old girlfriend and I always have a great time hanging out with her.

I had a good series of workouts so far this week. I took sunday and monday off to recover from the ride and rest my body. On tuesday I did a 6 mile run in the morning, then on wednesday I swam 2500yds in the morning and did 30 minutes of yoga in the evening. Today on thursday, I did 20 minutes of Yoga in the morning and I had speed work this evening. I was a bit apprehensive as I haven't done track speed work in a while. I normally only do tempo runs that are close to half marathon pace or about 7:00 min per mile. So today I started off with really easy jogging for 2.5 miles to the track, then when I got to the track I proceeded to do 4 x 800m intervals at 3:00 minutes per 800m with a 1:45 min rest interval in between each 800m. I finished it off with some plyometrics, or like skips, and karaoke twists, etc. Then I had an easy 2.5 mile cool down run back to my apartment. So I logged in 7 miles today. Tomorrow, I am planning to go for a nice easy ride for about 1 - 2 hours after work, and scheduling a 15mi run on saturday morning.

What has been nice lately is that I have been riding my bike to work. Its great because I don't waste gas, its good for the environment, and it takes almost the same amount of time to drive as it does ride. I think I will begin to do this more often especially since my work has now changed our dress code. I no longer have to wear a tie to work. I am now allowed to just wear khakis and a button down. This is way more conducive to riding a bike to work as opposed to slacks and a tie. 

Training has been good and am a little tight from running but will continue my yoga and all will be good. 





No comments: